At this past weeks Dallas Inner Circle mastermind I posed the question, “what is your greatest failure”?
It was similar to the question Mark Sparks in 2006 asked me when he and I started TSTN (I brought in my partner Jim Rohn, along with long time friend Darren Hardy, Robert Helms and Russ Gray of The Real Estate Guys, Zig Ziglar, Denis Waitley, Chris Widener, Ron White and many more for the tv network).
I was shocked by Mark’s response when I shared my colossal failures.
Mark responded “Excellent! I would never want to be part of someone’s first failure!”
So at this past weeks Inner Circle mastermind I posed the same question and we spent 30 minutes doing a powerful exercise and the results were amazing, liberating and in many cases transformational.
So here goes (and please play full out to get the maximum benefit).
1. Think about and write down one of your biggest failures.
NOTE – To receive maximum value from this go ahead now and take 3 – 4 minutes and write out one of your biggest failures.
2. Ask yourself what lessons did I learn?
Write out as many as you can think of. When done continue to ponder and see if there may be a few more. Sometimes our biggest insights are after we have peeled back the onion a bit.
This is an important step. Because as Jim Rohn would say failure is ok but don’t keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again.
3. See how that failure has helped you grow and make changes and better choices.
List some of the better actions and lessons you have since implemented.
4. Ask if in fact the very things that were your failures back then are now some of the very things that you get paid lots of money to help others solve or that helped you create wealth.
5. Forgive yourself, if you haven’t already and change your attitude towards the failure and see that it truly was a blessing in many ways.
6. Now here is what is really cool. Once you get over the negative feelings and shame of failure, you are now free to be yourself and create in an even greater way! But first you must not keep hanging onto the shame and guilt!
Failure is part of the learning and growing experience. Its how we interpret, handle and respond to failure that is the most important variable.
Fail often and more importantly learn the lesson!
To your success!
Want one on one coaching? Whether you are an entrepreneur, speaker, author, investor I can help. Darren Hardy, Robin Sharma, Brian Tracy and many others think so as well (see below).
Connect with Kyle via social media, plus FREE Bonuses including 52 Lessons I Learned From Jim Rohn and Other Legends I Promoted Click Here
“I guard my endorsements carefully. Regarding Kyle, he is simply a marketing genius! No joke. Kyle was the wizard behind the successful business of my mentor Jim Rohn. Every marketing dilemma I have ever had Kyle has given me the brilliant and elegant solution on the spot. Kyle’s consulting has saved and earned me hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years.” Darren Hardy, Publisher SUCCESS Magazine
“Kyle is a valued friend, a marketing superstar and one of the most knowledgeable people in the personal development industry.” Robin Sharma
“Kyle, thank you for our partnership and friendship. Friendship is wealth and you make me a rich man. You are the best!” Jim Rohn
“I have worked closely with Kyle Wilson for 20 years. He is one of the best all-around marketers, promoters, business-builders and entrepreneurs in the business today. We have generated more than a million dollars together.” Brian Tracy