I often get asked what it must have been like to partner and work so closely for 18 years with the legend, my close friend and mentor Jim Rohn.
It was obviously an honor of a lifetime.
Next I’m asked, how was I so fortunate to have that opportunity.
It was obviously an opportunity I could have never anticipated or planned for. But there were some keys things on my part that had to happen. In fact, ONE major thing comes to mind (and is worth noting if you are a student of success).
And I might also add this ONE thing can be found in similar relationships I’ve been fortunate enough to partner and have a seat at the table with legends like:
– Mark Victor Hansen and Jack Canfield, good friends who I co-authored Chicken Soup for the Entrepreneur’s Soul.
– Brian Tracy, who I promoted multiple events for over 20 years including co-creating his 2-day event, The Success Mastery Academy. It went on to become a best-selling 16 CD series I created and executive produced. Brian still tells me that he and his wife Barbara consider it to be his all-time best program! In fact we did a 20 year anniversary of it last year with many special guest including Darren Hardy – Get the Cliff Notes Here
– Darren Hardy (former publisher of SUCCESS Magazine), who I met in 1993 and continue to be close friends with today. We’ve worked together on 6 different major projects over the past 20 years. I also introduced Darren to Jim Rohn, and if you’ve heard Darren’s story you know the impact Jim’s message has had on Darren.
– Jeffrey Gitomer, who I introduced to the personal development world in 1994. He continued to make me look good every time I put him in front of an audience including a 3-day event I put on featuring Jim Rohn, Zig Ziglar, Bob Burg and the late great Charlie “Tremendous” Jones. In fact I will be doing a special private 2 Day with Jeffrey at his home in Charlotte in mid October (details to follow soon).
– Ron White, aka the 2x US Memory Champion. I met Ron in 2002 and started selling his Memory in a Month CDs and went on to produce multiple products with Ron and filled his speaking calendar. Ron is also a military veteran who donates his time traveling around the country doing the remarkable Afghanistan Memory Wall – Must watch video
– And of course Jim Rohn! Starting Jim Rohn Int in 1993 and going on to create dozen of products, filling his calendar and taking Jim from 20 dates at 4k to over 110 dates at 10k (and eventually 25k) the first year, and building an enterprise of over 1M customers and a company staff of 16.
So, what is this one thing?
Well, it’s the foundation of Jim’s message and was not only my number one key to meeting Jim, but also to starting Jim Rohn International shortly thereafter and creating all the huge successes we had.
By the way, it’s not Networking or prospecting.
Its something Jim Rohn often talks about…It’s called Bringing Massive Value! And Jim would add an additional key to that… Bringing Massive Value to Valuable People!
Somehow I got it. Somehow it sunk in and I not only poured it on but I also focused on bringing massive value. I guess it’s one of the reasons I started in addition to Jim Rohn Int, Your Success Store, The Slight Edge Newsletter, Messages From the Masters (to name a few) and would do big events and created hundreds of products. Because with each one of those things I could be that much more valuable to not only the marketplace but also valuable people.
Assembling content and articles for Jim, Brian Tracy, Denis Waitley, Les Brown, Harvey Mackay, etc., allowed me to be valuable to them. Building my own platform to then go out and create and sell their products, booking them for events, arranging deals – yes it made me money, in fact it made me rich – but even more strategic for me was that it made me more valuable!
It gave me a seat at the table to work and collaborate with amazing talents!
Shortly before Jim Rohn’s passing I did sell my companies including Jim Rohn Int and YourSuccessStore. I used that time to take a nice sabbatical (also I had to sign a 5 year non-compete) and became a Mr Mom to name a few things. It was a great time to recalibrate!
Now I totally understand Jim’s advice of taking the past 10 years and investing them in the next 10. I’ve had the luxury to spent the past few years filtering and thinking through how best to do that.
For me its now through my Inner Circle and Mentoring Groups, 1-1 coaching/consulting and also book and product projects. Plus some special events along the way like the Brian Tracy 3 Day I put on last year.
Currently I’m really excited to be doing a special event with the afore mentioned 2x US Memory Champion and good friend Ron White. Its an event that we have CEO’s, entrepreneurs and people wanting to grow their skills and income flying in from all over the country. Details are Here
Make sure in all your efforts, that you take Jim Rohn’s advice. Become valuable to the marketplace and to valuable people. Its never about what you can get as much as what value you can bring. Success then becomes inevitable.
To Your Better Future!
PS – Recharge, Plus Mental and Marketing Skills, Fresh Ideas, Proven Strategies and Focused Time Up Close and Personal With Ron & Kyle and other amazing attendees. Click Here To Join Us
Kyle Wilson, Founder LessonsFromNetwork.com, Jim Rohn International (JimRohn.com), YourSuccessStore.com and KyleWilson.com
To receive 52 Lessons I Learned From Jim Rohn and Other Legends I Promoted Click Here
“I guard my endorsements carefully. Regarding Kyle, he is simply a marketing genius! No joke. Kyle was the wizard behind the successful business of my mentor Jim Rohn. Every marketing dilemma I have ever had Kyle has given me the brilliant and elegant solution on the spot. Kyle’s consulting has saved and earned me hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years.” Darren Hardy, Publisher SUCCESS Magazine
“Kyle, thank you for our partnership and friendship. Friendship is wealth and you make me a rich man. Love and Respect!” Jim Rohn
“I have worked closely with Kyle Wilson for 20 years. He is one of the best all-around marketers, promoters, business-builders and entrepreneurs in the business today. We have generated more than a million dollars together.” Brian Tracy
“Kyle is a valued friend, a marketing superstar and one of the most knowledgeable people in the personal development industry.” Robin Sharma
“Kyle is one of my old and dear friends and one of the smartest marketing guys I have had the opportunity to work with. He is the scrappy marketing guy. What I mean by that is, there are lots of guys who will put out business plans and do all kinds of nonsense and swing for home runs. Kyle is the real deal and finds ways to create product, add value, help people, build community, he’s unbelievable.” Eric Worre